Accueil / Futures Dacia

[Autre] 2 new models from Dacia bigger than the Kanjara?

What prelata says is that dacia will be launching 2 more cars, both bigger than everything dacia makes (i think will be bigger than kanjara, because we know how will look). Any thoughts about this? Will be an pick-up version of the kanjara ? The "monospace" based on renault grand kangoo ? Or something else?

And maybe someone can explain why is renault insisting on making bigger cars than logan, sandero etc, when is clear that west european markets demand a lot of tiny cars (and dacia can make very competitive little cars) ?

http://www.capital.ro/articol/patrick-pelata-renault-la-p..ntru-4x4-124913.html
Dernière édition par Zzeria le Ven 11 Sep, 2009 09:09; édité 1 fois
I believe it's easier to get a competitive edge on a big car. Dacia could build a Laguna-size vehicle for 15,000€, that would be appealing to many customers. They could make a Twingo for 5,000€ maybe but I don't think this would sell well (more cheap competition in this segment, and the visual price difference vs. a Hyundai i10 would be limited I think)
Zzeria
Membre d'honneur
Message Ven 11 Sep, 2009 09:09
I also don't find it realistic to envisage two big size Dacias for the near future. However, I believe that cars like the Scenic II, which is still a great looking vehicle, could easily be rebadged as a Dacia and sold in Eastern Europe. As the initial investments have long been repaid, it would be cheap to produce (just transfering the tools to a different plant) and could provide many emerging markets with a competitive family van.
There have been very concrete indications that Renault was setting up a plant in Morocco to build a "Logan Scenic" and a new Kangoo that would share 80% common parts. If this scheme is maintained, it certainly explains at least one of the two vehicles mentioned by Pelata.
Dernière édition par Zzeria le Ven 11 Sep, 2009 09:09; édité 1 fois
aphophis a écrit:
And maybe someone can explain why is renault insisting on making bigger cars than logan, sandero etc, when is clear that west european markets demand a lot of tiny cars (and dacia can make very competitive little cars) ?

Western european market is definitely not the main target for dacia cars. And we know that bigger cars meet a real demand in other markets as south america, east europe and asia as long as it's no too expensive. So I believe that such low cost cars could really be a good idea, especially if they come with very low investment for Renault as it has been suggested by Zzeria.
not a main target but a good market. France, germany, italy, spain.. offcourse ukraine and turkey are also top markets for dacia (in europe) , but i think that dacia has prooved that can atract customers from western countries.. If you sale affordable cars, bigger than competition, better equiped & motorised at the same price, i think western european citizen may have a look at what dacia offers , and maybe buys..
I agree, for example Sandero is a very nice second car for western countries families.
But the problem is they're not better equipped nor better motorised. And that's why they're cheap - well, one reason at least. So I don't see a promising market for low cost big cars in western countries.

Hey, I'd love te be proven wrong ;-)
Message Lun 14 Sep, 2009 21:09
I also remember there was a Logan Prestige 16S once, so I guess it's always possible to create limited series that can satisfy some more demanding customers and markets...

For instance, I'd LOVE to see a Sandero receive a luxury treatment as a limited run. I so love that car! It would be really nice in an "Initiale"-type version... Leather seats, integrated navigation, overall paint... Well, I can always dream, can't I? :wink:

Sauter vers: