Accueil / Technique [Electronique-Electrique]

[Laguna II] Carminat GPS reception problems

Hello, sorry for posting in english but I'm portuguese and my french is not that good.

I have a Laguna 2.2 Privilege with Carminat navsat system bought Jan-2005. I don't have GSM installation so I think my GPS antenna is not on the roof (is it on the back door ?)

Most of the times my satellite icon is red (showing no reception). Some times it is green, but it goes again to red for no apparent reason (since it happened when I was in an highway with no buildings, elevations or trees that could impact the reception.

I went to the Diag screen (code 4112), but it mainly shows SEARCH SAT, and sometimes it goes to TRACKING (just 1 sat). Sometimes I do have reception (3D POSITION), getting 7 or 8 satellites.

The strange thing is that on the same roads (home to work, and work to home), some days I have gps reception, and some days I don't.

Is this normal ?

Thank you

Welcome!

I hope you will get some help.

En français :

tuareg a écrit:

Tuareg a une Laguna II depuis janvier 2005 équipée Carminat.

Depuis le début, la réception satellite est mauvaise (antenne rouge) la plus part du temps. De temps en temps elle passe au vert mais cela ne dure pas. A ce moment là il ne roule pas dans une zone qui gêne la réception des satellites.

Dans les menus de diag, pour la réception, le plus souvent il est indiqué "Recherche de satellite", parfois 1 seul est visible. Quand la réception est bonne, il y en a 7 ou 8 (NDT : c'est bizarre, j'ai seulement l'info >3 quand la réception est bonne).

Ce qu'il trouve étrange c'est que sur le même parcours, ça capte ou pas.

L'antenne est dans la voiture, pas sur le toit.

Sa question : est-ce normal ?

Merci.

A+
Tux
Dernière édition par tuxcarnav le Jeu 14 Avr, 2005 19:04; édité 1 fois
chichi1er
Modérateur PR
Message Jeu 14 Avr, 2005 18:04
Hi !

The GPS antenna is on the roof :

http://chichi1er.free.fr/temp/gifs/lag/EPSN0008copie.jpg

Some lag 2001 haven't this antenna, but since 2002 this antenna is installed on the roof.

Think to verify the connection behind the CD ( for carminat). It's can be a connection problem.

Chichi1er....qui parle anglais comme une vache... francaise... :wink: :lol:

Polo 6R 1.6tdi 90ch Confort - 09/10 - 87Mkm (03/15->..) - Laguna III estate GT205ch - 04/09 (06/16->..) - C3 1.2i 83ch - 1Mkm (12/20->..)
Ex Laguna II Estate 2.2 dCi Initiale - 04/02 - 106Mkm (08/03->06/11) - Ex E91 330xda Luxe - 06/06 - 137Mkm (03/12->01/14)
Ex Xsara 1.4i SX Pack Clim - 08/00 - 93Mkm (08/06->04/14) - Ex Polo 9n3 1.4tdi 80ch Confortline - 06/07 - 102Mkm (03/14->04/15)
Ex Xsara Picasso 1.6i16v Exclusive - 08/06 - 100Mkm (09/13->07/16) - Ex Berlingo 1.9D Pack - 148Mkm (01/06->10/19)
I agree with Chichi1er, looks like a connection issue. it also could be the antena wiring ? This may takes some time to figure out where the problem is ! Maybe you should involve Renault in finding the problem , since your car is new and under waranty.
Thank you both for the answers.

I have an antenna on the roof but it doesn't say GPS, so I assumed it was only the radio antenna (I've read somewhere that the antennas saying GPS are only for cars also with GSM installation).

I'll probably take the car to Renault to check the wiring. A silly question: is it possible to check the wiring by myself ?

Thank you again
Loïc
Membre d'honneur
Message Ven 15 Avr, 2005 10:04
Tuareg a écrit:
I have an antenna on the roof but it doesn't say GPS, so I assumed it was only the radio antenna

Mine doesn't have GPS writen on it but it works fine with my carminat.
R19 16s puis Laguna Estate Sport Dynamique 2.0l T
Message Mar 19 Avr, 2005 12:04
Well, I've taken my car to Renault, and apparently the problem was in the connection cable to the antenna.

My problem is solved :-)

Thank you all for your help and comments

TR

Sauter vers: