Accueil / Technique [Electronique-Electrique]

[Laguna II ] Carminat and very bad radio - TMC reception

My Laguna II Grand Tour 2.0T aut (now 17.000 km) with Carminat and Cabasse Auditorium has its antenna for radio and TMC in the very small right rear-window, not as my previous car in the big rear-window in the rear-door.

My radio- and TMC reception is quite bad. The dealer tells me this is according to the specs (they measured resistance) and a result of the solution choosen by Renault for the antenna on this model and Carminat.

Is there anyone with similar experience? Or with a solution?

I am quite angry, buying a 34K car with almost all options and then having to cope with a radio which is worse in terms of reception than 90% of radios in second hand cars.

Ps sorry for writing in English, my French is only so-and-so I regret :roll: .
Au possesseur d'Estate avec Carminat; pouvez-vous confirmer l'intérrogation de pyracantha?????

Je ne pense pas que le fait de posséder le Carminat influe sur la conception de l'antenne sérigraphiée.

On sait tous que la réception n'est pas terrible sur Laguna (pour la berline), mais est-ce plus mauvais sur Estate?
Y-a-t-il une différence entre l'antenne de l'Estate et celle de la berline?

DID2C

ADIEU la Lag
12/2006 - C5 II Break 138 Hdi Exclusive
CHAMPAGNE
Membre d'honneur
Message Mar 23 Nov, 2004 20:11
</span><span class=gensmall><a class=genmed onmouseover="helpline('a')" href="javascript:bbstyle(-1)"></a></span><span class=gen>Ci joint a bond to form an opinion. Afflicted for
approximate English
https://www.planeterenault.com:/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5442 On these
exchanges of the forum there are many answers concerning the T.M.C.
outward journey to see chapter all on the laguna.
Greetings:D
Koléos INITIALE PARIS .Tce 160 Edc Fap.2021.
All cables are present, thank you. The problem seems to be that Renault has choosen for this combination (Carminat in a Grand Tour) to put the antenna in the very small last window on the passenger side). Due to this, the antenna itself also is very small. Since I still have warrantee, I want Renault to solve this, not fiddle with it myself.

But I am most curious to see if there are other people having the same combination of car, Carminat and radio with the same problem or not.
Yes, I've got the same combination that you and the reception is not bad. It's not excellent but not bad. Perhaps the wire in the windows is cut or fault. Perhaps the antenna amplifier is out of order, or not wired as well to the radio or the antenna. Perhaps the antenna is not correctly connected to the radio.
Ask to renault to verifie all these items.

That's sure this system is not the best and the radio has'nt the best sensibility we can find in the others. But the system must run as well.

Good luck :P

Pity that it takes 17.000 kms till now and the dealer is still not able (or really willing to make the effort) to find out what the problem is. More competition in this field may help us to get better service.

Thanks again, tomorrow I will hear what the dealer has to tell me. If unsatisfactory, I will go a long (even legal) way to get my rights respected.
Message Jeu 25 Nov, 2004 09:11
Apparement il n'y a pas qu"en France qu'il y a des problêmes avec les intervenants en concession.
Les liaisons antenne GPS , Carminat ...sont aussi sur la " selette" et notre ami n'a pas trouvé de solution avec son dépanneur après 17000km d'utilisation de sa Laguna. Il nous donnera des nouvelles. Très heureux que P.R.et Tioob lui donnent des conseils. A suivre. :?
la dernière fois que je suis allé à la concession , il y avait une vs dont le proprio se plaignait de ne pas avoir de réception en radio , aprés avoir pas mal cherché au niveau des paramètres , ils ont fini par trouver que .................................l'antenne n'était pas branchée !!!!!!!!!!
Message Jeu 25 Nov, 2004 09:11
C'est bien ce que Tioobs lui à donné comme indication et conseillé de faire vérifier. Son concessionnaire n'ayant fait qu'une partie des vérifications d'usages ( valeur de résistance , mais pas de continuité du circuit et vérification de la qualité du raccordement à l'antenne ) Je pense qu'il nous lira et comprendra. :D
pyracantha a écrit:
Merci beaucoup, tioobs!

You're welcome. Before getting your rights respected, I invite you to change of dealer for one more efficient. You have to find one employee who is aware of the potential electrical mistakes we can find in a laguna II. :P

Tell me about the results of your investigations.
Yes, outside France we also have such problems and I appreciate all your help. The dealer indeed checked only the resistance (was OK) but when I almost dragged him to another, almost similar car, he had to admit that there is something strange. He did not check the other things mentioned here, thank you for the hints :wink: !

Today he told me he has found a similar configuration with better reception on AM (he seems not to believe me that it also effects FM and TMC) and will order a new cable and an amplifier.

I have my doubts, since the cable is the only thing which was checked on its resistance and found OK. Putting an amplifier on a weak or almost non-existing signal is not helpful either.

When this does not lead to a solution, I will get in touch with Renault in our country. By then the dossier is heavy... but am -as said before meanhile some 17.000 kms further on a 34K Euro car...

As to choosing another dealer? Consolidation here caused that all Renault-dealers in the region belong now to the same company... :evil:
Yes, outside France we also have such problems and I appreciate all your help. The dealer indeed checked only the resistance (was OK) but when I almost dragged him to another, almost similar car, he had to admit that there is something strange. He did not check the other things mentioned here, thank you for the hints :wink: !

Today he told me he has found a similar configuration with better reception on AM (he seems not to believe me that it also effects FM and TMC) and will order a new cable and an amplifier.

I have my doubts, since the cable is the only thing which was checked on its resistance and found OK. Putting an amplifier on a weak or almost non-existing signal is not helpful either.

When this does not lead to a solution, I will get in touch with Renault in our country. By then the dossier is heavy... but am -as said before meanhile some 17.000 kms further on a 34K Euro car...

As to choosing another dealer? Consolidation here caused that all Renault-dealers in the region belong now to the same company... :evil:

I have ever eared or seen somewhere the AM reception is performed by a different antenna (wich is a simple câble hiden behind a plastic part) than the FM one. Perhaps somebody on this forum could confirm :?:

Page 2, réponse de Franck Drebbin du 15 oct.

Citation:
Et s'il y avait simplement 2 antennes:
- Une antenne sérigraphiée pour la réception FM. Elle est reliée directement au niveau de l'ampli: les contacts se font entre la vitre de hayon (et donc la partie sérigraphiée) et l'ampli sous l'ampli
- Une antenne de type fil (celle que décrit Nicolas) pour la réception AM.

Je propose cette théorie en ce basant sur ma chaine HiFi où il y a 2 antennes: Le fouet pour la FM, et un pauvre fil pour l'AM: à creuser, et cela me semblerait logique à moi.
I talked about this with the dealer's technician but he insisted that in this type of car, there is only one antenna for FM/AM/TMC (of course with separately the GPS-antenna). A AM-antenna like in normal radios would not make sense in the car because of Farraday, that is why they have implemented the concept of one antenna for all of this. My problem is most clear on AM, because of total lack of any station but also absolutely present on FM with even weak reception of local stations and, wordst of all, on TMC.

I am still waiting on a solution, by the way...
Message Ven 24 Dec, 2004 13:12
Problem solved. Today the cable and amplifier were exchanged and now I have perfect reception on FM and AM. It is still unknown what caused the problem.

So: also this combination of Cabasse Auditorium, GPS in a Grand Tour with sunroof should give perfect reception on AM and FM.

If not, don't let your complaint be brushed away like mine was for 13.000 kms, it should simply work well!!

Ps: They offered no excuse, no apology, nothing. Why complain when the problem has been solved now?

Sauter vers: