Accueil / Technique [Mécanique]

[Fluence] Problème lave-glace

For those that are in a hurry and interested in the conclusion only, I start with this one:
Buying a Renault car, it is very likely to have obvious technical issues not fixed by the service, while Renault, up to the worldwide entity, tells you that everything is fine.
Hope you will find useful the information in this car review about Renault, especially if you want to buy a car.

In detail:
I purchased this Renault Fluence from an authorized car dealer in Romania. From the beginning, when activating the windshield washing system, the wipers make a full turn on the dry glass and only then comes the washing liquid. Therefore, added to the very unpleasant noise, the blades become blunt and don't clean as they are supposed to. Also, the windshield can suffer from light scratches.

I highlighted the issue to the service. They were very reluctant and coming with foolish explanations, but in the end they agreed to take a look and admitted there was indeed something wrong. They said a new liquid pump was required, so they changed it. When they called me to pick up the car, saying it was fixed, the issue was exactly the same. Looking into it again, they confirmed the issue, but said that all Renault cars have it and there is nothing they could do about it.

As a result, I contacted Renault Romania (voceaclientului.renault@renault.com) and was asked to come back to the service. So I did and a person there filmed the issue while it was happening, saying he would send it for analysis at a higher level. As a note, he also agreed that the situation was not right. Few days later, Renault Romania came back to me saying the system works fine.

For the next step, I made a complaint to Renault Worldwide. The response back came from the same person in Renault Romania, saying the same thing as before. Renault Worldwide did not even bother to read about the issue, but instead they forwarded the request to the same person that I was complaining about.

This was the first and the last time when I buy Renault cars.

Topic moved to the technical part of the forum and title edited in line with the forum's policy
Dernière édition par larry.kubiak le Jeu 20 Dec, 2012 16:12; édité 3 fois
Hello to you too :eyes:

I don't remember specifically how it works on the different Renault I owned, but I'd say it's a rather standard way of working. It takes a few seconds for the water to be pumped and go through the pipes while the wipers start running immediately.

I'll check tonight to see how it's working on my Laguna.
I also think it's not good and a bit stupid
On my previous lag (lag 1) there was a delay between the water and the wipers.
First the water then the wipers
Vendue contre une M3 1.2 TCE 130
Vendue a 66000 contre une sandero steway 110
hi
patrick78 a écrit:

It works like that on my Laguna 2.2 : first the water then the wipers after 1 or 2 seconds.
Message Sam 22 Dec, 2012 12:12
Also checked on mine: whipers start when windshield has already been wet

Can you hear the pump with a delay on water arrival, or does the pump run only after whipers have run?
ex-Outback LTDex-Laguna II.2
larry.kubiak a écrit:
patrick78 a écrit:

It works like that on my Laguna 2.2 : first the water then the wipers after 1 or 2 seconds.

when you lag 2.2 do you mean Lag 2 phase 2?
My lag is a phase 1 this could explain that
Message Sam 22 Dec, 2012 14:12
Yes, it's a Laguna II.2

Sauter vers: