Accueil / Généralités / News

[Laguna II] Grand Tour - What a great car

One week ago I received my nouveau Laguna Grand Tour 2.0 Turbo Automatic in the Tech Line version here in the Pays Bas. It has the big sunroof, cuir/alcantara seats, door-sunshades for the back passengers and is in vert amande. Before this, I had the Laguna I Break with 2.0 liter automatic which was to me already a nice car.

But this one beats it all, it is a great car and a beauty at the same time!

It is powerful (160 HP, 215 km/hr, already done so once in Germany), and incredibly silent. You only hear a little wind, even at high speed. The color Carminat system is nice and helped me to circumvent traffic jams in Germany. On small roads, it it sometimes not 100% accurate though.

This Tuesday, we will head for Bretagne to spend a few weeks holidays there and I look tremendously forward to do this with my super-Lag!

edit titre (fiftie)
Message Dim 18 Juil, 2004 10:07
Proficiaat...

Do you have some pictures of your car???

A few complaints: the low tyres are vulnerable to damage when accidentally hitting curbs, but this has nothing to do with the Laguna.

The Louxor wheels are nice but get dirty unbelievably quickly...

Some things have been now sooo cheaply made, it is unbelievable. One example: the roll-up cover of the trunk, it gets loose when you close the back door.

On the seats: they are great (leather and alcantara), but I have the feeling that my legs hurt behind the knees. One way or another, the adaptability of the seats has not improved (or the front part of the cushion is too tough). In the back, the third passenger liked to sit in the middel for better view. Then the seat-belt-connectors protruding out of the seating start to hurt after some time.

On Carminat: it works, works well, except when in border-areas. Why not have overlapping of the detailed maps for e.g. 50 kms around borders?
Also the TMC-system sometimes is not active at crucial points, like entering or leaving Paris. Nothing to do with Renault, I know but it is part of the deal of buying this product so... Also, in some ways Carminat is unfriendly. I like to change scales, or change the color of the screen (leave color on when activating headlights during daylight). Thi is cumbersome.

Still, this is my very best car ever and a good friend, a heavy-kms Passat-driver, was just as much impressed with the better comfort and the completeness of Renault offer for this price (ca 34.5 K Euro).

On service: someone hit my car slightly first day in France. Small scratch on side and damage to back light-set. Local dealer had a new, complete lightset within 12 hours for ca 70 Euros. Quick and fair in my view.

PS : Why do you sign in french?
Now, after 14.000 kms I am even more happy with my Laguna II GT Tech Line. It is a fantastic car, quite, responsive, fine to handle and comfortable inside. Hours of driving pass by as pleasure-time.

But, with two exceptions.

1. The radio- (FM/AM) and TMC-reception which is poor. I hope to have my dealer solve this at the coming checkup.

2. The driver-window does not function properly, it is sometimes stuck.

3. The cover behind the back-seats remains a nuisance beacuse it cannot be fixed well enough. This is a too cheap solution Renault, sometimes it gets loose while driving!

Apart from this some additonal experiences:

The back-seats are far better and much more comfortable compared with the Laguna I Grand Tour which I have had before this one.

I have ruined one tyre because of the low profile on 17". Hitting a curbside seems much more risky then with 16".

After 14K kms, there are no loose parts, no noises coming up, car is performing very well, although consumption is slightly above 10 lt/100 km but this may be due to my driving style as well.
R19 16s puis Laguna Estate Sport Dynamique 2.0l T
Today, my car had it's first checkup. Yesterday, by coincidence, my alarm-lights failed and since a few days there was a loose part in the rear-window wiper-mechanism (just like happened with my last Laguna Break).

Also, I hoped they would solve my bad radio-reception problem, but, no.
Eevrything is "accoriding to the manufacturer's standards for this car", so no MG-reception and bad FM-reception (as well as bad TMC-reception, even worse!).

Now what to do? In a moment, I will go and get my car and see if my other problems have been solved.
Message Mar 23 Nov, 2004 20:11
<b></b>Well, I did not know that the English language was used
on P.R.. I believed that Mr. Toubon had asked a certain time to
speak French? In short the 2T is a good car.
Koléos INITIALE PARIS .Tce 160 Edc Fap.2021.
OF COURSE.... hum ! :?
CHAMPAGNE
Membre d'honneur
Message Mer 24 Nov, 2004 16:11
It is to frighten a foreign "pal" and to have the 100
posts? (In French in the text.) Not to be afraid,
because it is only about one small incident of a coductor of the
Lyonnaise suburbs. The sheet and the Renault rims resisted.
Very good car .
CHAMPAGNE
Membre d'honneur
Message Mer 24 Nov, 2004 16:11
Lolo 69003. Je lui ai dit que c'était pour avoir tes 100 posts que tu lui adressai tes photos , mais que la Renault avait tenue le choc et que c'était une bonne voiture. Salutations . Je vois que c'est déja un mauvais souvenir. Reste les photos.

Sauter vers: